MENTORING AND SUPPORT ARRANGEMENTS FOR INCOMING MOBILE PARTICIPANTS AND OUTGOING STUDENTS FOR STUDY AND TRAINEESHIPS
INS Illa dels Banyols ensures equal academic treatment and services for home students and staff and incoming mobile participants, integrating them into the Institution’s everyday life. Therefore, we have in place appropriate mentoring and support arrangements for mobile participants.
Support arrangements for INCOMING participants:
- Illa dels Banyols offers practical information and assistance to welcome incoming students and staff. These services include language courses during their mobility period, as well as arrange prior to their mobility all details concerning housing facilities, welfare services, insurance, coaching and counselling students and staff with special needs.
- Mentoring during incoming mobile participants is arranged by both the Pedagogic Director and the Mobility Coordinator. They provide participants with information on courses, show all buildings, workshops and classes, and finally offer support for practical aspects, such as restaurants and shops, banks, City Council, and general information on the city and outskirts.
- In order to ensure full immersion into ordinary academic life, each incoming student is assigned a tutor/mentor.
- In addition, the International Mobility Office organises cultural activities (visits to museums, cinemas, sightseeing, etc.) for foreign and local students at reasonable prices or free of charge aiming at social cohesion.
Support arrangements for OUTGOING participants:
- As for outgoing mobility, it is also arranged by the Pedagogic Director and Mobility Coordinator. They help students to choose HEI, fill the application form, Learning Agreement and other related documents. Then, the Pedagogic Director gives students contact on the Erasmus Coordinator in another HEI.
- During the mobility outgoing students can contact the Pedagogic Director or the Mobility Coordinator. It is important to keep open the channels of communication. Therefore we are in regular communication with outgoing students via email or Skype.
- Likewise, we keep close and direct contact with the Mobility Office of the host institution, as well as with students’ school tutors and in-company mentors.
- In addition, our institutional partnerships ensure a first-week seminar and activities aiming at social and cultural integration.